What is included within the hire?
The VW Camper Van is supplied with;
What essentials should I bring?
Sleeping bag / quilt, pillows, towels and toiletries are the only essentials needed to bring along for your split the difference adventure. Our advice would be to pack light as storage space is limited.
What is the booking process?
1. Check availability via this site, telephone or email.
2. once you’ve found the van and dates you want, you can book through this site, phone or email
2. We will confirm availability by email or phone and request a deposit of £150 (non refundable) to secure the booking. Payments accepted by Credit/Debit Card or bank transfer.
3. You will then need to complete the booking form and driver insurance form online or which we will email to you.
4. Once the deposit, the forms and scans of the driver’s driving licence and a recent utility bill are received, we then allocate the VW Camper Van to you for the period you requested.
5. The final balance is to be paid in full 6 weeks prior to departure. ( If you are booking within 6 weeks of departure then we request payment in full at the time of booking)
6. We will contact you the week before your hire period starts to provide directions and answer any final questions you may have.
What happens if the Camper Van breaks down?
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, each VW Camper Van is covered with 24hr emergency breakdown service, full details of which are in the onboard information pack.Also, contact details for the breakdown service are in the back of the Guest Book.
If the vehicle cannot be repaired we may be able to supply an alternative vehicle subject to availability or refund the remaining days hire costs.
What age do I have to be to drive the Camper Van?
Our insurance restricts drivers between 25 and 70 years of age.
Can we leave our car with you?
You are welcome to leave your car at our premises. This service is free of charge but entirely at your own risk.
Can we bring our dog?
We accept pets in some of our campers but request you call to discuss before booking. Where pets are accepted there will be an additional valeting charge of £35.
Are my personal belongings covered?
No. We recommend that you have your own travel insurance to cover your personal belongings.
Can we take our bikes with us?
We have a number of bike racks available that are capable of carrying either 3 or 4 average sized bikes, at no extra cost.
What is a VW Camper Van like to drive?
Driving a Vintage VW Campervan is a unique experience. One which we are sure you will grow to love. There is a big steering wheel instead of power assisted steering and a big gear lever.
The campers are much slower than modern vehicles, with a maximum speed of approximately 60 mph. Take your time to adjust your driving style, keep your distance and potter along to enjoy the scenery. We will explain all at the induction handover.
Will I receive instructions on how to use the VW Camper Van?
Yes, you should allow approximately 30-40 mins for the check in
process, including a run through of the facilities and operating instructions for the camper van.
Is there a limit to where we can travel?
We estimate that around 80 miles per day is a comfortable distance to travel in these vintage vehicles.
Is fuel included?
The VW Camper van takes unleaded fuel. Upon collection, the VW Camper Van will have a full tank of fuel and we request that you return it to us with a full tank.
Jessie is fitted with an LPG fuel tank for the cooker and heater. Should it require refilling during your hire period, follow the onboard instructions and we will be pleased to refund the price of the refill in exchange for a VAT receipt.
Will we need to book the campsites in advance?
During the high season and school holidays it is always best to book your chosen campsites so you can ensure a guaranteed site, and for peace of mind.
Who can use the upper bunks?
The upper bunks are designed for children over 5 and small adults. (A weight restriction of 65 Kg/10 stone applies).